Kingski is a small settlement in Summer’s Hallow with a mixed population.
Geography:This modest settlement is lightly populated (136/sq km) and covers 0.49 square kilometers.
Climate:Kingski has a Semi-Arid Steppe climate, which is characterized by a severe lack of precpitation most of the year over a variety of temperatures, and has rainy and dry seasons. Winds in the region are breezy and the temperature is generally pleasant with high variation. Precipitation is non-existant, and the sky is continually overcast.
Walls:No walls currently surround the city.
Streets:There is 1 road leading to Kingski; no roads are major. The city is lined with broken cobblestone streets in a fragmented parallel pattern.
Districts:The city includes a wealthy district.
Kingski is governed through a parliamentary government, where members are nominated to their positions by a parliament and can be dissolved by the parliament if it can no longer function. The government as a whole was seen as ruthlessly effective. Officials in Kingski were often seen as honest and the policies were loved. The political influence of Kingski in the region is no longer spreading due to racial tensions. In this time of crisis, the population turns against itself.
Leader:Kingski is ruled by Prime Minister Rain Brownpine. The Prime Minister has been in power for mere days and is mocked by the people. There is forceful opposition to the Prime Minister and his policies. The right to rule was granted by hereditary succession, and that power is maintained by draconian laws and underpaid guards.
Laws:Laws are enforced by a racketeers, but are loosely enforced. Justice is served by a kangaroo court, with a common punishment being execution.
Crime:Crime is occasional. The most common crime is treason. The imprisonment rate is 0.00% of the population (0 adults).
Military:Kingski has a reverent attitude towards the military. Their standing army of 9 citizens (14.25%) is at the ready, with a reserve force of 4 (6.75%). Of the active duty military, 0 (3.5%) are special forces. Due to their reverent attitude and lack of defensible wall, Kingski is suitably fortified. Kingski fighters are revered for their use of ranseurs in battle. They are hated for their rigid formations and are considered tolerably skilled in battle.
Resources:Kingski is known for the following resources:
- Sugarcane plantations
- Renowned agricultural lands
- Expensive torches
- Wild timid spiders
Events: Kingski is a lively city with many opportunities available.
Job Postings:You’ll find the following job postings:
- Help! Scholar seeks rare supplies: Scholar unable to gather medical supplies due to age, seeks trustworthy agents to gather materials for research. Will reward you with a land deed. Contact Loaal Eaglestrider.
- Wanted: Lockpick needed for totally legitimate reasons. Length of job expected to be short. Will reward you with valuable information. Contact Davey MacCastman.
- Help! I’m looking for a Negotiator. Prior experience with troublesome imps required. Will pay in gold. Guild membership required. Contact Tgegd Darkbasher.
- Bored? Seeking inter-planar messenger. Reward is a priceless heirloom. Mild danger may be involved. Contact Elhzer.
- Require an instructor learned in math to tutor my child. Will reward you with a land deed. Contact Beliara Clawvidol.
Citizens:The following citizens are worth mentioning:
- Micke Kleingan is a female Half-Elf who is known in the neighborhood as being a legendary herbalist. She appears boastful.
- Abadin Quartzgrave is a male Half-Dwarf who is known in the city as being a decent barber. He appears mocking.
- Ang is a female Troglodyte who is known in the region as being a poorly skilled shipwright. She appears gregarious.
- Baldal Oilfoot is a female Half-Dwarf who is known in the city as being a laughably skilled copyist. She appears homesick.
- Pors is a female troglodyte who is known in the city as being a mocked glassmaker. She appears xenophobic.
- Daney Rosenmell is a female Elf oddball who is known in that part of town as being a horribly skilled stablehand. She appears shifty.
- Dat is a male Half-Elf oddball who is known in that part of town as being a laughably skilled woodworker. He appears drunken.
Travelers:The following travelers are worth mentioning:
- Doduk Boartooth is a melancholy female ogre. She is a warrior who is doing something nefarious.
Establishments:These establishments worthy of mention in Kingski:
- The Grumbling Skull is a large, dirty-looking woodshop. The building faces north with a mud storefront, a roof made from thatch, and stained windows. It is located in an expensive neighborhood of the trade district. This place is run by a healthy oddball named Faehiaanae Softwater. The woodshop is known for dirt cheap prices for the service there, and is busy most days.
- The Dripping Goblins Herbalist is a typical sized, crowded-looking herbalist shop. The building faces northwest with a mud storefront, many windows, and a roof made from slate. It is located in an old neighborhood of the fine shops district. This place is run by a patriotic Half-Elf named Micke Kleingan. The herbalist shop is known for high prices for the service there, and holds the record for worst service in the region.
- The Crippled Lion is a typical sized, smelly-looking smokehouse. The building faces northwest with dirty windows, a roof made from slate, and a stone storefront. It is located in an old neighborhood of the industry district. This place is run by a thick Minotaur named Clapas Zhahoof. The smokehouse is known for moderate prices for the service there, and is busy most days.
- Flabby Hall is an average sized, filthy-looking ropemaker. The building faces southeast with a lap board storefront, a roof made from slate, and clean windows. It is located in a nice neighborhood of the industry district. This place is run by a quiet Elf named Halvartars Baequisorrow. The ropemaker is known for fair prices for the service there, and is eerily empty .
- The Rusty Ivy is a small, filthy-looking stable. The building faces south with a split wood storefront, a roof made from thatch, and no windows. It is located in a trashy neighborhood of the professional district. This place is run by a treasure-obsessed Hobgoblin named Nbeb Darkmouth. The stable is known for dirt cheap prices for the service there, and is always busy, regardless of the time.
- Splintered Octopus Clinic is a normal sized, smelly-looking hospital. The building faces southeast with a wood storefront, a roof made from slate, and barred windows. It is located in an old neighborhood of the industry district. This place is run by an embittered Elf named Bedyr Hornhunter. The hospital is known for reasonable prices for the service there, and usually has few visitors.
- The Violent Heart is a large, disgusting-looking university. The building faces southeast with a roof made from turf, a lap board storefront, and broken windows. It is located in a seedy neighborhood of the education district. This place is run by a public spirited Dwarf named Bab Thermofiz. The university is known for dirt cheap prices for the service there, and rarely has room for new business.
- The Northern Cup is a small, messy-looking tavern. The building faces northwest with a roof made from thatch, three windows, and a mud storefront. It is located in an empty neighborhood of the industry district. This place is run by a puckish Dwarf named Gabson Gyrocog. The tavern is known for high prices for the service there, and is always busy.